Natural Gas Leaks

Hyde Park fire sends seven to the hospital; worsens when natural-gas line into basement gives way

Nov 22nd, 2015 | By admin

By adamg on Sat, 11/21/2015 – 5:40pm A four-alarm fire that broke out around 5:30 p.m. at 9 Greenwood Ave. sent five residents – two of them children – and two firefighters to the hospital. On arrival, firefighters rescued two adults and two children down a ladder. By 5:45, the house was fully engulfed in flames. Around
[continue reading...]

Fire department rules house explosion an accident, says home owner caused a gas leak

Nov 19th, 2015 | By admin

By NBC4 StaffPublished: November 19, 2015, 5:31 pm COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — A home explosion on Lock Avenue that left two people injured was an accident, the Columbus Fire Department says. Tracy Smith, battalion chief with the Columbus Fire Department, said the explosion was “an accidental natural gas explosion that was the result of a gas leak which occurred
[continue reading...]

Fire Marshal: Eureka Gardens gas leak could have led to explosion

Nov 13th, 2015 | By admin

By Jenna Bourne JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — TECO has shut off the gas at Eureka Gardens. Crews say there was a large leak Thursday night at the troubled apartment complex. Action News Jax has learned the leak has been capped, but the fire marshal is recommending that 400 families evacuate. Fire Marshal Kevin Jones said in some
[continue reading...]

I-Team: Dozens of Maine gas customers report gas leaks at home

Nov 13th, 2015 | By admin

PORTLAND (WGME) – You probably never think twice about the natural gas line that runs to your home, but natural gas can be an invisible danger that can level your home in seconds. The I-Team investigates to help keep your home and family safe during the heating season. A New England home was blown to
[continue reading...]

2 men severely injured in Albuquerque home explosion

Nov 2nd, 2015 | By admin

AFD investigates fire on Eagle River Road UPDATED 10:28 PM MST Nov 01, 2015 ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Two Albuquerque men were taken to the hospital with severe burns after a gas explosion at a home Sunday evening. The incident happened in the 8500 block of Eagle River Road in Northwest Albuquerque. Albuquerque Fire was dispatched to the
[continue reading...]

Man found dead after early-morning fire at Freeport home

Oct 30th, 2015 | By admin
9137524_G Freeport

Man found dead after early-morning fire at Freeport home By Karen Patterson Staff writer Posted Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM Updated at 5:00 PM FREEPORT — Authorities found a 58-year-old Freeport man dead inside his home early today after it burst into flames because of a gas explosion caused by furnace malfunction. Stephenson County
[continue reading...]

State OSHA fines Fresno County for gas pipeline explosion

Oct 30th, 2015 | By admin
Fresno 667686_630x354

By - Associated Press – Thursday, October 29, 2015 FRESNO, Calif. (AP) – The California Occupational Safety and Health Administration is fining Fresno County more than $100,000 for its role in a natural gas line explosion that killed a Fresno County Jail inmate worker. The April 17 blast occurred when an employee was using the front-loader
[continue reading...]

How A Makeup Artist Transformed Gas Explosion Survivor

Oct 27th, 2015 | By admin

Ajomole Helen The amazing transformation of this pretty young lady below has sparked up comments on social media. She has burn scars on her face and body because she is a gas explosion survivor. Abuja based professional makeup artiste Zuzu Mamman shared her touching story and picture on her Instagram page. According to  Zuzu, this
[continue reading...]

Probe of Francois Road explosion focusing on natural gas appliances

Oct 27th, 2015 | By admin

TREVOR WILHELM, WINDSOR STAR More from Trevor Wilhelm, Windsor Star Published on: October 26, 2015 | Last Updated: October 26, 2015 10:55 PM EDT Investigators have determined the natural gas explosion that destroyed a house last week was not caused by defective pipelines. The scene following a house explosion in the 1400 block of Francois
[continue reading...]

Kannapolis gas leak prompts evacuation

Oct 25th, 2015 | By admin
74310250_Still NC

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. — Kannapolis Police evacuated residents Thursday night in a one-mile radius of a gas leak. Kannapolis Fire says crews were dispatched to an explosion on Mooresville Road at Stirewalt Road and Crofton Avenue. Authorities say multiple callers reported hearing a loud, hissing noise coming from a natural gas substation. Firefighters arrived just minutes
[continue reading...]

Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.
Beyond Fossil Fuels: Alternative Energy
Powered By Ringsurf
The Blog Farm