Probe of Francois Road explosion focusing on natural gas appliances

Oct 27th, 2015 | By admin | Category: Natural Gas Leaks

NatGas Consulting

Published on: October 26, 2015 | Last Updated: October 26, 2015 10:55 PM EDT

Investigators have determined the natural gas explosion that destroyed a house last week was not caused by defective pipelines.

The scene following a house explosion in the 1400 block of Francois Road. (Dan Janisse/The Windsor Star)

“After a comprehensive test of the natural gas pipeline serving the home, in addition to the natural gas meter and regulator, it has been determined that the underground natural gas piping system did not contribute to the explosion,” Union Gas spokesperson Andrea Stass said in an email.

The explosion occurred just before midnight Wednesday in the basement at 1452 Francois Road. It destroyed the house, causing about $150,000 worth of damage. The flames quickly spread next door to 1456 Francois and caused another $110,000 in damage. There was also $5,000 in heat damage at 1446 Francois.

No one was hurt, but seven people have been displaced from their homes.

Officials are still investigating. Union Gas said the probe will include a focus on the appliances in the home that were fuelled by natural gas.

twilhelm@windsorstar.com

Twitter.com/WinStarWilhelm

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Comment

Blog Directory
Add blog to our directory.
Beyond Fossil Fuels: Alternative Energy
Powered By Ringsurf
The Blog Farm